The law and HCFM: Minimize your risk
High Reliability, The Healthcare FM Podcast is brought to you by Gosselin/Martin Associates. Our show discusses the issues, challenges, and opportunities within the Facilities Management (FM) function.
Today we welcome David Luce, Director, Building Operations for Regional Enterprises, Inc in Ashland, WI. In his role, David has oversight of 2 hospitals: Memorial Medical Center in Ashland, WI and Hayward Area Memorial Hospital in Hayward, WI.
David has been a healthcare facility leader for more than 20 years, but today’s conversation doesn’t focus on David’s full-time role. In addition to his healthcare facilities management role, David works as a consultant to a law firm on healthcare facility management cases, adding his knowledge and expertise to the legal case.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Healthcare facilities management and the law (4:00);
- Where unseen risk may lie in your facility (11:30);
- You have been served – changing perceptions on the law, FM, and rugs (26:00);
- Some memorable cases, and why (35:00);
- On AEM and the law (40:00).
Please subscribe to and listen to High Reliability on your favorite podcasting platform:
1) View our open jobs here….
2) Gosselin/Martin Associates is hosting a sold-out Zoom Lunch and Learn on February 25, The Healthcare Facility Professional’s Toolbox. This free program is focused solely on you and your career; here, we leave the technical training behind.
Check back monthly for future, free lunch and learns.
3) Visit our Career Hub!
From seasoned healthcare facility management professionals to those wondering what a career in healthcare facilities management entails, there is a wealth of information on the Career Hub. You can find white papers, career ladders, core competencies, articles, resume information, podcasts, and career information on the site. Check it out now!