High Reliability Podcast: Controlling your FM destiny
High Reliability, The Healthcare FM Podcast is brought to you by Gosselin/Martin Associates. Our show discusses the issues, challenges, and opportunities within the Healthcare Facilities Management (FM) function.
Today, we welcome Dave Dagenais to High Reliability. Dave is currently the Senior Director of Plant Operations, Clinical Engineering, Emergency Management, and Safety Officer at Wentworth Douglas Hospital in Dover, NH.
Dave is a former ASHE President (2015) and a former Life Safety Surveyor for The Joint Commission. Dave sits on many NFPA code-making committees and serves on the NFPA Codes and Standards Review Committee for Healthcare; Dave is a faculty member for NFPA and ASHE.
We cover many areas with Dave, from advocacy to controlling your FM destiny to cows; yes, cows. This multi-topic podcast includes:
- Making career decisions, from an early age (4:00);
- Making a move to healthcare and starting on the road to advocacy (18:30);
- How do FM professionals Control their Destiny (31:00);
- NFPA advocacy, FGI guidelines, and knee-jerk reactions (38:00);
- Something you may not know about being the ASHE President (50:00);
- The business of healthcare facility management, and what’s required to succeed (56:00).
Thanks for listening and please subscribe to High Reliability at your favorite provider:
1) New Director Opportunities, please see
2) Visit our Career Hub.
From seasoned healthcare facility management professionals to those wondering what a career in healthcare facilities management entails, there is a wealth of information on the Career Hub. You can find white papers, career ladders, core competencies, articles, resume information, podcasts, and career information on the site. Check it out now!