In this episode of High Reliability, we introduce So, You Want to Be…, our new podcast segment dedicated to exploring the various roles available in healthcare facilities careers.
In today’s first installment, we speak with Robert Hacker, Director of Facilities, Planning, Design, and Construction, Community Memorial Hospital & Ojai Valley Community Hospital, Ventura, CA. Robert will discuss his career path into the director role. Robert also owns a consulting firm, Hacker Innovative Solutions.
This career-based conversation has information that all professionals will find helpful, whether you are a hospital tradesperson, supervisor, manager, director, or vice-president. If you are considering a role in healthcare facilities, this conversation is for you, too.
In today’s episode of So, You Want to Be a Hospital Facilities Director, we speak to Robert about:
- A COVID-19 California update;
- From the military to healthcare (8:00);
- On a healthcare fact-finding mission (12:30);
- Dealing with differences in hospital size (17:30);
- The role of professional societies in career development (25:00);
- Career advice (31:00).
1) We want to hear your opinion and your thoughts, take our anonymous
All results will be shared.
2) Visit our new Career Hub. The site is free; there is also a 2-year membership level with multiple benefits.
From seasoned healthcare facility management professionals to those wondering what a career in healthcare facilities management entails, there is a wealth of information on the Career Hub. On the site, you can find white papers, career ladders, core competencies, articles, resume information, podcasts, and career information. Check it out now!