High Reliability, The Healthcare FM Podcast is brought to you by Gosselin/Martin Associates. Our show discusses the issues, challenges, and opportunities within the Healthcare Facilities Management (FM) function.
Today we welcome Jonathan Hunley to the show. Jonathan is the System Director of Facilities Infrastructure for Bon Secours Mercy Health. Jonathan is based in Cincinnati, and he is responsible for the oversight and management of the Bon Secours Mercy Health Non-Threshold Infrastructure Program. Jonathan has oversight for 35 hospitals in 4 states, totaling more than 15m square feet.
This podcast covers three distinct areas, thus the episode title. Topics include:
- With projects ongoing in multiple hospitals in multiple states, Jonathan provides his perspective into the front lines of healthcare construction. We discuss the current market and some interesting challenges, including lead times, budgets, labor, pricing, supply and commodities, and prefabrication;
- On long-range strategic planning and the use of data and analytics in the process, while leading change and creating process (27:00);
- Making infrastructure “sexy” to C-Level leadership, including ROI creation (40:00);
- What does Jonathan believe are the most important skills to possess in his system director role (47:00);
- On degrees, and Jonathan’s thoughts, and mine, on the necessity for a degree in healthcare facility management, and why organizations may be doing themselves a disservice with global degree policies (53:00).
Thanks for listening and please subscribe to High Reliability at your favorite provider:Listn on A
2) Visit our Career Hub.
From seasoned healthcare facility management professionals to those wondering what a career in healthcare facilities management entails, there is a wealth of information on the Career Hub. You can find white papers, career ladders, core competencies, articles, resume information, podcasts, and career information on the site.
3) Sign up for our free Lunch & Learn, July 29!