High Reliability, The Healthcare FM Podcast is brought to you by Gosselin/Martin Associates. Our show discusses the issues, challenges, and opportunities within the Facilities Management (FM) function.
Episode 3 of “So, You Want to Be…”
In this episode of High Reliability, we re-introduce So, You Want to Be…, a podcast episode dedicated to exploring the various roles available in healthcare facilities management.
Today we welcome Jonathan Hunley to the show. Jonathan is the System Director of Facilities Infrastructure for Bon Secours Mercy Health. Jon is based in Cincinnati, and he is responsible for the oversight and management of Bon Secours Non-Threshold Infrastructure Program.
Jon is a Board Member of the Tri-State Society of Healthcare Engineering, serving as President of the Board for 2020. Earlier this year, he was awarded the ASHE Region 5 Emerging Leader Award Winner.
Today’s topics include:
- What is a System Director of non-threshold infrastructure (2:00);
- Creating something out of nothing, and implementing change (6:40);
- Ramping up a new department (19:30);
- Moving your infrastructure from a reactive to a proactive state (28:00);
- “Not in a million years did I expect to be in healthcare” (37:00).
New Director Opportunities
See the new opportunities that we are presently recruiting for,
1) Learn about our productive Lunch & Learn with HESNI, and how your Chapter can benefit
2) Visit our new Career Hub. The site is free; there is also a 2-year membership level with multiple benefits.
From seasoned healthcare facility management professionals to those wondering what a career in healthcare facilities management entails, there is a wealth of information on the Career Hub. On the site, you can find white papers, career ladders, core competencies, articles, resume information, podcasts, and career information. Check it out now!