High Reliability, The Healthcare FM Podcast is brought to you by Gosselin/Martin Associates. Our show discusses the issues, challenges, and opportunities within the Healthcare Facilities Management (FM) function.
Today we welcome Beth Edwards. Beth has been a healthcare facilities management market leader for more than 15 years, and she has an interesting career path to business ownership.
She is the founder and CEO of HFM Cornerstone, located in Portland, OR. Beth works with and for healthcare facilities and healthcare facility providers daily. She started her business just a few months before the Covid pandemic began, a difficult time indeed.
This podcast is a bit different from the ones that we have done in the past. It is still healthcare facility management-focused, but if you are thinking of starting your own business, or you are just interested in healthcare facilities management and how business ideas evolve, this is the podcast for you. It is an interesting discussion.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- Astronauts and sanitation workers (2:30);
- “I never thought I’d have the guts to do it,” on creating your own business (11:00);
- Follow the gnaw, and the challenges starting a business (17:00);
- On finding your business niche (30:00).
For more information, please see
Thanks for listening and please subscribe to High Reliability at your favorite provider:
1) New Director Opportunities, please see
2) Join Gosselin/Martin Associates free Lunch & Learn on March 25, The Healthcare Facility Professional’s Toolbox. This program is focused solely on you and your career; here, we leave the technical training behind. In this fast-moving 45 minute session, we will touch on several areas to help make sense of the discipline today, including:
* Current state
* Trends driving industry
* Career competencies
* Resumes and interviews
* Appropriate skill mix
No matter your role – director, manager, supervisor, tradesperson – this session is for you.
3) Visit our Career Hub.
From seasoned healthcare facility management professionals to those wondering what a career in healthcare facilities management entails, there is a wealth of information on the Career Hub. You can find white papers, career ladders, core competencies, articles, resume information, podcasts, and career information on the site. Check it out now!