Quick Glance: Features & Benefits
- Meet with leadership teams prior to start to assess their goals and objectives
- Meet with select employees and internal teams as requested
- Utilize Succession Building Report Card to create employee-specific plans
- On-going support and mentoring
Identify and develop internal talent for now and the future.
A 2012 survey by Health Facilities Management and the American Society for Healthcare Engineering found that 40% of facility managers were older than 55, an increase from 35% from a 2009 survey. Retirements are ongoing and qualified replacements are difficult to find.
ManpowerGroup’s annual Talent Shortage Survey 2015 reveals that 32% of US employers report difficulties filling job vacancies due to talent shortages. Globally, the percentage of employers experiencing difficulties continued to rise, increasing from 36% in 2014 to 38% in 2015.
Seeking and hiring leadership talent, and talent that can perform the essential mechanical, electrical, and plumbing trades, is increasingly difficult. Save time and money while avoiding costly employment gaps by identifying, developing, growing, and planning for future facility openings. Through the Succession Planning process we will:
- Identify competencies, skills, and success factors for key leadership positions
- Assess bench strength across the facility department, related to function
- Evaluate the unique organizational culture and detail traits of successful employees
We will design and implement career development strategies for potential leaders using the Facilities Succession Planning Report Card. The Report Card will delve into those areas that require employee competence and will evaluate technical and leadership areas related to the facilities function, specifically:
- Planning, Design, and Construction
- Engineering Operations
- Building & Grounds
- Real Estate & Offsite property management
- Communication & Listening
- Change Management
Through the peopleBUILD program, ongoing mentoring and support is a core component of the Succession Planning process.